The Department is at the forefront among centres that provide comprehensive surgical care to children, including tertiary care.
Paediatric Surgery deals with the surgical care of the new-born babies, infants and children to the age of 18 years. This branch is highly specialized, not only because one has to handle very delicate and miniature tissues, but also because it requires a great deal of patience, compassion and understanding to handle the little babies and their very anxious parents. The Department is at the forefront among centres that provide comprehensive surgical care to children, including tertiary care.
Paediatric surgery is a super speciality branch, which involves operations performed on babies, from fetal age to adolescent age (up to 18 years) by neonatal and paediatric surgeons, who have completed their super specialization (M.Ch) in neonatal & paediatric surgery including Paediatric urology, and are extensively trained in managing surgical problems in children.
All the facilities to care for babies undergoing surgery are available under one roof in Noble hospital.
We have well equipped operation theatres with the state of art infrastructure, a renowned team of paediatric surgeons well trained in operating on hardly a kilogram baby, anaesthetists trained in administering paediatric anaesthesia, and an excellent postoperative medical and supportive care for the children undergoing surgeries.
The surgeries performed by Paediatric surgeons in our hospital include:
- NEONATAL SURGERY- all congenital anomalies requiring surgery like: Tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF, or TOF), diaphragmatic hernias (CDH), omphalocele, gastroschisis, neonatal intestinal obstructions, Jejunal atresia, anorectal malformations etc. are operated successfully.
- PEADIATRIC GENERAL SURGERY- Inguinal hernia, hydrocele, phimosis, umbilical hernia, hamartomas, thyroglossal cysts, branchial fistulas, appendicitis, intestinal obstructions, Hirschsprung’s (HIRSH-sproongz) disease, hepato biliary surgery including choledochal cysts, biliary atresia, pancreatic cysts , paediatric thoracic surgery etc.
- PEADIATRIC UROLOGY- paediatric surgeons are trained in performing all paediatric urological surgeries including complex urogenital reconstructions in children. E.g.: undescended testis, hypospadias, genitoplasties for intersex (DSD), hydronephrosis, vesico ureteric reflux, PUV fulguration, bladder exstrophy repairs, bladder augmentation etc.
- PEADIATRIC NEUROSURGERY- Meningomyeloceles, encephaloceles, VP shunts for hydrocephalous etc. are done by paediatric surgeons.
- PEADIATRIC TRAUMA- cosmetic suturing of clws, burns wound care, RTA patients including blunt trauma, stab injuries, hemoperitoneum etc. are managed by experienced team of paediatric surgeons
- PEADIATRIC MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY/ ENDOSCOPIC SURGERY- our paediatric surgeons are trained in performing key hole surgery (laparoscopic surgery ) even in new-born babies. Laparoscopic appendectomy, laporchipexy, laparoscopic repair of diaphragmatic hernias, lap abdo cysts excisions, and even VATS- video assisted thoracoscopic surgery for empyemas, lung cysts ,biopsies etc. Are performed routinely in Noble hospital.
Endoscopic surgery like bronchoscopy for foreign body extraction, esophagoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy etc. are done by trained paediatric surgeons.
- PEADIATRIC ONCOSURGERY- all paediatric tumours – nephroblastomas (wilms), neuroblastomas, hepatic tumours, ovarian tumours, rhambdomyoscarcomas etc. are successfully operated by our team of paediatric surgeons.
- ANTENATAL COUNSELLING AND FETAL SURGERY- would be parents are counselled from antenatal period itself if any congenital surgical anomaly is detected in fetus, so that parents are prepared postnatally to handle the situation well.