Dr. Shrikant Ramhari Londhe (MBBS MD FVIR FNVIR Consultant and In-charge Neurointervention Unit)
Dr Shrikant Londhe has excellent academic background, being graduated from Seth GS Medical College and KEM hospital (Mumbai). After this, he did Postgraduate training in radiology (MD RADIOLOGY) from prestigious institute JIPMER. Then he completed his fellowship in neurovascular interventions from Christian Medical College (Vellore). CMC Vellore is one of the excellent academic institution, where he got wide exposure to endovascular management of neurovascular diseases
Dr Shrikant continued his dedicated work in neurovascular disease management at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon which is highest volume neurointerventional center of North India and INR (Interventional Neuroradiology) division of KEM hospital, Mumbai. He works in close collaboration with vascular neurosurgery, stroke neurologist and neuroanesthetist, which significantly improves clinical outcome. He strongly believes in team work for management of neurovascular diseases. During his tenure, he did many presentations in national conference and publications in this field of neurovascular diseases.
- Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Indian Society of Neuroradiology
- Society of Therapeutic Neurointervention
- Indian Radiology & Imaging Association
A) Neurovascular Interventions-
- Ischemic stroke- Entire spectrum of acute stroke management including intravenous thrombolysis, mechanical thrombectomy and neurorehabilitation facilities to stroke patients.
- Cerebral aneurysm- Endovascular coiling, balloon remodeling, stent and flow diverter placement for the management of aneurysms. We have integrated neurovascular unit for the management of acute subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Cerebral Vasospasm- Intra-arterial chemical vasodilatation.
- Cerebral Arteriovenous malformation/ Dural AVF- Endovascular embolization using glue/onyx and surgical excision in close collaboration with neurosurgery department.
- Carotid stenosis- Carotid stenting.
- Intracranial stenting for stroke
- Spinal interventions- including spinal angiography, spinal AVM embolization, embolization of tumors.
- Head and neck vascular malformation- sclerotherapy/ embolization and surgical excision.
- Cerebral venous thrombosis- in situ thrombolysis and thrombectomy
- Venous sinus stenting- for idiopathic intracranial hypertension
- Carotico-cavernous fistula- Endovascular coiling
- Neurovascular Imaging such as Catheter angiography(DSA), MRA, CTA, perfusion imaging and carotid doppler.
B) Body vascular interventions-
- Embolization for gastrointestinal hemorrhage/ hemoptysis/ post-trauma bleed
- TIPSS/DIPSS for portal hypertension
- Hepatic vein/IVC stenting for Budd Chiari Syndrome
- Biliary drainage and stenting (PTBD)
- BRTO for gastric varices
- Endovascular stenting for peripheral vascular diseases/diabetic foot
- Dialysis access complication management and permacath insertion
- Varicose vein endovenous laser ablation/sclerotherapy
- Acute DVT thrombectomy and stenting
- Central venous stenosis/occlusion stenting
- Vascular malformation- sclerotherapy/embolization
- Ganaie HA, Gupta Parthasarathy R, Londhe Shrikant, Anand S. Blindness Following Carotid Artery Stenting Due to Ocular Hyperperfusion - Report and Review of Literature.
- Gupta Vipul, Londhe Shrikant, Parthasarathy Rajsrinivas & Ganaie Hilal. Endovascular Management of Cerebral Aneurysm: The Recent Trends.
- Londhe Shrikant, Gupta Vipul, Parthasarathy Rajsrinivas , Ganie Hilal , Jain Nishchint. Blister Aneurysm of Middle Cerebral Artery Division: Stent-Assisted Coiling Using Shelfing Technique.
- Londhe Shrikant, Gupta, Vipul, Parthasarathy Rajsrinivas, Ganie Hilal. Meatal Anterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery Aneurysm with AICA-PICA Complex:Endovascular Coiling and Parent Artery Preservation.
- Gupta Vipul, Londhe Shrikant, Parthasarathy Rajsrinivas. Internal Carotid Artery Blister Aneurysm: Review of Different Endovascular Techniques.