Blood donation leaves us with a proud feeling of saving someone's life in a beautiful way. It's an experience that no words can define. Donating blood is very safe and simple. We only use sterile disposable blood collection bags and needles. Our blood is fully equipped to perform various tests & to preserve blood & its components for longer duration.
Blood has the following components and each one takes care of specific needs.
- Hepatitis B & C
- Malaria parasite
- HIV I & II (AIDS)
- Venereal disease (Syphilis)
- Blood group
- Before issuing blood, compatibility tests (cross-matching) is done.
- Whole blood can be stored for up to 35 days. The various blood components can be stored as under:
- Platelet Concentrate - 5 days
- Platelet Aphaerises - 5 days
- Packed Cells - 42 days
- Fresh Frozen Plasma - 1 year
- Cryo Antihaemophilic Factor - 1 year